Wednesday 26 December 2012

Sparkling Diamonds: A New Year's Eve Makeup Tutorial

Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a very merry Christmas season with your friends and family! Quickly approaching is an exciting day to mark the end of the year, New Year's Eve. I know that some of you will be as excited for this day as I am, as there will be many parties to attend, for which you may don your most glamorous outfit to celebrate the ending of this year and the beginning of a new one. To complement your outfit, here is a sparkly eye makeup look that will go perfectly with almost any outfit, and is also very easy to recreate. I really do hope that you try out the look! :)


This is the eye shadow palette that I used to create this look:
BH Cosmetics Party Girl Eye Shadow Palette

These are the brushes that I used to create this look:





In this photo, my eyebrows have already been filled in (I used a dark brown eye shadow) and I have also applied a very small amount of eye shadow primer to my eyelids.

Here, I have mapped out the shape that I want my eye shadow to look like, using a gel eyeliner and a small angled brush by Ecotools. 
The gel eyeliner I used was the L'Oreal Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black. This will  create an intense base for the eye shadow which will be placed on top it.




Next, I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk as a base for my inner corner highlight. I smudged this into the black base already on my eyelids.
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk

Next, I applied a champagne colored eye shadow to the inner corners of my eyes, to act as a shimmery highlight.

Next, I placed a shimmery gray eye shadow onto the center of my eye lids, using an eye shadow brush by Ecotools.

Finally, using a smudge brush by the brand e.l.f., I applied a sparkly black eye shadow to the outer corners of my eyes, following the shape that was previously created using the gel eyeliner. I also used this brush, as well as the clean e.l.f. contour brush, to buff out any harsh edges of my eye shadow, thereby creating a soft, smokey eye look.

I also mirrored what was done on the upper lid of my eye by doing the exact same thing along my lower lash line.

Next, I pressed some silver glitter onto the center of my upper lid. I used the eye shadow brush by Ecotools, which I had previously used, for this step.

Finally, I applied the gel eyeliner along the inner rim of my eye using the small angled brush by Ecotools, and I also applied lots of black mascara to my upper and lower eyelashes.

I used the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara (Original).
And this is the completed, festive New Year's Eve eye makeup look!

This eye makeup will be best complemented by a peachy-pink shade of blush on the cheeks and a nude, glossy lip!

This nail polish was the inspiration for this eye makeup tutorial. It is the perfect glittery polish for New Year's Eve and will even match your eye shadow!
L.A. Colors Color Craze Nail Polish in Sparkling Diamonds 

No comments:

Post a Comment