Tuesday 4 December 2012

L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara (Original): First Impression


Hi everyone! For any of my readers who know me personally, you would know that I have quite an obsession with youtube beauty videos! I watch every kind there is: haul videos, product reviews, makeup tutorials, first impression videos, and the list goes on. In quite a few videos, I’ve seen people using the L’Oreal Telescopic range of mascaras. I, therefore, had to give one a try. I decided to go with the original L’Oreal Telescopic mascara.


This product is marketed as a lengthening mascara, as seen on the packaging. It is contained in a very sleek, gold tube that resembles a telescope. The wand of this mascara is a very thin, plastic brush with extremely short bristles.





The photos below show the application process of the mascara. This was my first time using the mascara, and the following were my immediate thoughts on the product. The first photo shows my eyelashes without any mascara. The second photo shows my right eye (seen on your left) with mascara, and my left eye without. The third photo shows my right eye with two coats of mascara, and my left eye with only one. The last photo shows both eyes with two coats of mascara each.


After applying one coat of mascara, it can be seen that my eyelashes were immediately separated and lengthened. There was no clumping of the mascara, whatsoever. After about two minutes, I applied a second coat of the mascara to my eyelashes. Still, no clumping occurred. It can be seen, however, that the second coat of mascara made my eyelashes look a bit ‘spidery’, and not as natural as they did with just one coat of mascara. However, the eyelashes do remain separated, and are thicker toward the lash line. They were also lengthened even further with the second coat of mascara.
Also, I had not curled my eyelashes prior to applying this mascara, but they did remain curved upwards, as seen in the photos. The formula of this mascara is quite a wet one, and this did cause it to smudge a bit on my eye lids before it had had time to fully dry. This, however, can simply be fixed by using a cotton bud to remove any smudges. The thin brush of this mascara also allowed me to coat even the shortest lashes of the inner corner of my eyes with mascara, creating as much length as possible.


I hope that my thoughts on this mascara are informative, and that they assist anyone who was contemplating trying out this mascara to make a more educated decision! Also, I woud love it if you left me comments telling me what products you would like to see my first impressions/reviews on! Enjoy your day! J

No comments:

Post a Comment