Tuesday 9 July 2013

Nail of the Day: Featuring Sally Hansen, Orly and Color Club

 This post is dedicated to all my nail polish lovers! I'm not one of those girls who consistently maintains their nails to look the absolute best that they can, but on the odd day, I do become inspired to experiment with my nails and see what I can come up with. This is what I've done below. 


I wanted to do something festive, in the spirit of my exams finally being over. I decided to use the brightest pink nail polish that i owned which was the Color Club Professional Nail Lacquer in Peppermint Twist.

Color Club Professional Nail Lacquer in Peppermint Twist

I then added the Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Top Coat over the pink nail polish, and this acted as the glue for my gold sequins, which I carefully placed in the center of the base of each of my nails. I added a second layer of the clear top coat over the sequins to secure them in place. The top coat also gave my nails its shiny finish as the Color Club nail polish dries fairly matte.

Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Top Coat

For my accent nail, I used the Orly Nail Polish in Luxe as my base, which is a beautiful, metallic gold color.

Orly Nail Polish in Luxe

For the festive touch, I added the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Strobe Light over the gold color. This nail polish is a clear polish in which chunky iridescent and fine, blush pink glitter particles are suspended. I used the same technique with this nail polish as I did with the top coat to adhere the gold sequin to my nail.

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Strobe Light

And it's that simple! 


I hope you are inspired to experiment some more with your nail polish after reading this post. I even feel the urge to paint my own nails after writing this post, as they're quite chipped at the moment! lol!
I hope you are having a great day! :) 

P.S. Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin', as I will be trying my best to post a lot more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment